Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hope Deferred

I was in a deep blue funk yesterday - the likes of which I haven't seen in years, honestly! But, I had a GREAT night's sleep (the first in awhile) and am feeling 100% better today. When trying to figure out what exactly caused the day to be funky yesterday, I came to a realization. There has been a long-term situation in my life that has caused stress and difficulty for me emotionally and physically. I think I have been counting on that situation to magically disappear this year. And it hasn't. And it's reared its ugly little head again recently in a big way.

A good friend gave me the name for it - hope deferred. I've lived so long with the absolute certainty that this stress in my life would be absolutely gone by now, and when I recently realized that it hadn't gone away, I fell off the cliff I've been hanging onto for all of these years. Luckily, my divine hubby and my dear friend caught me, but I fell a long way down before they did!

Anyway, it's funny how you can be in a deep blue funk (one of my favorite Garfield sayings from WAAAAAY back) and simply not know how you got there! Honestly, I spent yesterday wondering if somebody kicked my dog and burned down my house and I simply forgot to notice! But, today is starting off much better, and Chase and I have some fun things planned, so it's going to be a good day. Thanks for reading my daily whine and for caring about your constantly relocating girl! I wish all of you, my friends and family, a good day today too!

2 comments:

Miz C (and Burton) said...

Hey CS,

I'm so sorry I didn't realize what a "deep blue funk" you were in yesterday. I could have at least said a few extra prayers. Glad today is off to a better start.

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

The "deep blue funk" is the entitlement of each of us. Feel free to tell us about it because we've all experienced it...although the divine hubbies might not have noticed or admitted it.