Friday, October 24, 2008

Cleanse...Day 5

I have been surprised by several aspects of this cleanse. Last night, I found a new surprise. I was watching my favorite TV show (CSI) and every single commercial was for food. Applebees, Olive Garden, Pizza Hut (mmmmm), you name it, they bought ad time on CSI last night. I was REALLY craving all of it. Honestly, I had almost decided to forget the whole thing and eat.

When the show was over, I got up and realized I really had to go to the bathroom. After I (ahem) went and was washing my hands, I looked in the mirror and realized that I didn't want to eat anymore. The craving was gone. I had read that if you have a craving, it will be gone as soon as you (ahem) get rid of the toxins that are causing the craving. Last night, that was proven to me.

Yesterday was the hardest day so far on this cleanse. Maybe it's because I didn't have a lot going on, and got bored? I really thought about and craved food a lot more yesterday than the previous days. Today there is a little more going on - Chase has a half day, so I'll pick him up around noon, then he has karate at 4. I'm hoping today will be easier. It's hard to imagine I can keep this up for another 5 days if I'm going to have cravings like yesterday. Luckily, Saturday and Sunday I am working as a poll watcher all day, so it will be easier to not eat at least those days. And it's the weekend, which means the early voting polls will be crowded, which makes time go faster.

So, status report:

1. Got hungry yesterday
2. Realized that hunger will go away after certain (ahem) events
3. Tongue is still white and furry
4. Day 5 is underway!

No comments: