Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Why I love cable

We are probably the only people in the entire world who don't have caller ID or cable. Now, the former only means that if you call me, you have to actually TELL me who you are...primitive, I know. But, honestly, I have no deep longings for caller ID.

Now, cable, on the other hand, is another story. I grew up in a home where TV was very limited. Consequently, I absolutely love the idiot box. LOVE IT. Can't get enough. Would watch all day every day, if that were possible. (Well, maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the picture) That is the main reason we don't have cable. Divine hubby doesn't really enjoy TV like I do. Luckily, he is a good influence on me and keeps me from being a couch potato. Oh, and the fact that there really is nothing on a lot of the time when you don't have cable helps. :)

But, I am in TX, visiting friends for a week before we move to our new home in Las Vegas. And both households where I am residing this week have CABLE! Wahoo!!! I just watched an episode of Melrose Place (oh, how I loved MP back in the day...), and wow is the acting terrible! Funny how those old shows you used to love are so laughable when you see them later. But, I also watched an episode of What Not To Wear (one of the all-time greatest shows) last night and fell in love with Clinton and Stacey all over again. Really, I would be fine without cable if I could have TLC and ESPN and whatever that network is that shows nonstop reruns of Law & Order and CSI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey You!!! I finally slowed down long enough to read one of your blogs and was so intrigued by the title of the one before it ("Laurel and Hardy") that I backed up and read that one, too. I have never laughed so hard, while at work mind you! I actually printed it off and passed it to a co-worker who I knew could use the laugh break. I had forgotten what an awesome writer you are, woman!

So, now you've got me hooked - darn you! I've started back at the beginning of your blogs and will soon be caught up on all the goings on of my favorite roving classmate (that sounded odd, but you know what I mean!).

BIG hugs from Aiken - Amy

ps: I'm still giggling!

Miz C (and Burton) said...

Our girls were also "deprived" while growing up. They did have cable when they were little (had to have Sesame Street), but once we moved into this house (1992), they had 3 channels to choose from...period. It saved oh so many fights about turning off the TV to do homework. It let me save my energy to fight about the hours spent talking on the phone!!!

They also thought it was totally unfair that we got cable as soon as they left home. But...I needed it for the internet...so what's a girl to do. [sweet innocent smile] I think UJ and I have seen every episode of CSI 5 or 6 or more times. We have been known to watch CSI marathons from early morning until late at night. Of course, basically that just means that CSI is the channel TV is tuned to; UJ and I do go about our usual activities.

There have also been Twilight Zone marathons!

So tell me...how many years before Chase graduates from high school and leaves home?????????????