Friday, May 2, 2008

Today's entry delayed due to possible death

I have the most dreaded of all illnesses - the stomach flu. I woke up this morning at 4 thinking... "Hmmm, I feel like I might need to throw up." Instead, I decided to ignore it and go back to sleep. At 4:30, I woke up again with the clear message: "We can do this in the bathroom, or we can do this right here, but it's gonna happen in 5..4..3..." At which time I broke several land-speed records making it to the bathroom. I mostly spent the day either crying over the toilet, crying in bed or crying as I crawled between the two. On the bright side, I got to watch all of the soaps today. All of them. Did you know Erica Kane is in jail? I couldn't really figure out why...but she makes those prison clothes look good!

It's funny, there aren't too many times that my mom is AWOL for more than a day or so, but it never fails that I get sick when she is! Last year, I got strep, and Chase had the flu AND strep at the same time. Mom was in New Zealand. Now, I need to cry to my mommy on the phone that I'm throwing up vital organs and she is on some cruise until tomorrow! :( I know she can't actually help me - we live more than a thousand miles away from each other, but it's always nice to call and cry to your mommy when you feel like kaka. So, Mom - if you're reading this, call me when you get home! I still have a tear or two, and I'll gladly shed them in your general direction.

Thankfully, I'm up, wearing real, honest-to-goodness clothing (a first for the day) and feeling about 30% better than two hours ago. I think the worst is over and now I'll just be tired and unable to eat solid food for three days. Which, honestly, compared to the last 13 hours, sounds as good as a week in a spa to me!! Ok, maybe not quite that good, but you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Miz C (and Burton) said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( feel better soon hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))