Monday, May 5, 2008

Ah, the sweet feeling of NOT being sick

Chase woke me up this morning (at 9am!) saying, "Mommy, I feel like I could conquer the world today!" His fever-flushed cheeks are back to normal, his eyes are bright, and he is back to my old Chase. A little less energy than usual, but he is feeling NOT SICK, and that is great. However, we decided that due to the horrific-ness of the weekend, we would take today to completely recover.

So, we have plans to take the dog for a little w-a-l-k (you have to spell it or he gets all excited), eat some homemade chicken soup for lunch (just call me Martha Stewart), then settle down to watch Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I hope, now that it's been several thousand years since I saw it as a kid, that it is appropriate for my sweet boy to see...I remember the Nazi-face-melting scene being pretty scary, but that's at the end, and I can warn him about that. Other than that, I remember it being pretty much like the "National Treasure" movies - pure fun action, just made for a 10-yr-old boy. I'll let you know if I'm wrong...

In the meantime, it's a Spongebob fest around here. I don't usually wish we had cable, but when Chase is sick, it would sure be easier than renting Spongebob movies. Even when Chase is sick, he doesn't slow down unless you plug him in, so if I need him to be still and quiet all day, the TV is my friend! Tomorrow, it's back to his usual 1-hour of PBS kids programming a day plus Survivor on Thursdays. Oh, yes, and Smackdown. Can't forget Smackdown. If you are not aware of the SD addiciton in my family, see my earlier post (sigh).

1 comment:

Miz C (and Burton) said...

So glad to hear that Chase is feeling much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen a Spongebob movie, but Alyson had a big cutout of him on her apartment wall.

We're watching "Dirty Jobs" on TV right now. He's changing a windsock 285 feet in the air. He MUST be touched in the head!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!