Monday, September 22, 2008

Love

So, Chase was surprised, Cirque Du Soleil was fantastic, we ate at every restaurant in town, and a general good time was had by all this birthday weekend! Mom and Dad made it in time to watch Chase's karate class, and he was thrilled to see them. My parents are really fun, and we enjoyed spending the weekend with them.

And, the big day has come. I am (sigh) 40. When I got up this morning, I looked hard for new wrinkles or grey hair, and I thankfully was able to straighten up without assistance. This whole 40 thing seems like it's going to be ok. It just sounds soooo very much older than 39, but oh well. As the bumper sticker says, turning 40 is sure better than the alternative! :)

I have a great family, a wonderful group of friends in LOTS of different states and a divine hubby who gave me a fabulous new bike and made all of us an incredible steak dinner last night. I am loved, and it doesn't matter how old I am. (But for fun, let's just refer to me as 30, k?)

3 comments:

Vegetable House said...

Happy Birthday!!!! :)
Kale

Miz C (and Burton) said...

You can be any age you want to be as far as I'm concerned!!!

love ya!

Anonymous said...

We loved visiting y'all (not sure they say that in Las Vegas) this weekend. What a fun and nutty fambly we have. Happy Birthday again to Susie and to Chase! And to Haven in Augusta while we were gone. We'll celebrate that one tomorrow.
Love, MOM