Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm no politician

I'm no politician, and I will be the first to admit that a lot of this financial and political talk goes right over my head, but I am really worried about this country! The markets are in limbo, the banks are failing, the insurance companies are failing, the brokerages are failing, the politicians are saying they don't know what to do (specifically Harry Reid, our esteemed Nevada senator), and every day brings crazier and more alarming news than the day before.

Ok, so here is my idea. The people in charge have absolutely no idea what to do (again, quoting the lovely and charming Mr. Reid), so let's make me queen for the day.

The first thing I would do is impose term limits on these idiots. Politicians are the PROBLEM, not the SOLUTION in this world. People whose job it is to stay in power, to get more power and then get more money so they can have even more power are corrupt, plain and simple. If they had two terms, and then that's it, regular people like you and me would run this country.

If you had 6 years, and every 3 years 1/3 of each house of congress was turned over, there would be no special interests, because why would anyone bother trying to lobby people who are ACTUALLY THERE TO RUN THE COUNTRY and not there simply to pad their pockets? I am so dadgummed angry with all of the politicians, and that includes both McCain and Obama. Fatcats are the reason we are all in such turmoil and why divine hubby isn't sleeping. Fatcat politicians and fatcat Wall Streeters.

There should be no such thing as a career politician. This country was formed on the premise of by the people and for the people. Which of these idiot politicians do you think is by or for any of us? They are only in this for themselves, and if, while lining their pockets with more gold and garnering more accolades, they happen to accidentally do something that helps the common man, well, great.

I am sick to death of someone else's greed and ambition messing up my life. There, I said it, and I feel a little better now. The second thing I'm doing as queen is resigning. This governing thing is exhausting!

2 comments:

Momsoon said...

I think you answered your own question about why 'regular people' don't run the country - it's too exhausting! If you like a little humor laced onto your political turmoil, I highly recommend reading any of Christopher Buckley's books. Thank You for Smoking is his most famous, but just about any of them provide a good read.

Shelly... said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Let's limit the terms!