Friday, December 19, 2008

My love/hate relationship

I have a cold.

The kind that makes me wonder if someone has snuck cedar into my house and is secretly putting it in my face soap. (I'm desperately allergic to cedar, by the way)

The kind that made me let Chase watch WAY too much TV and play WAY too many video games yesterday during our snow day.

The kind that makes me wish I could take Chase to school early just so I could be back in bed right now.

The kind that made me take the most dreaded of all pharmaceuticals: NYQUIL

OH, how I hate that nasty stuff! It is certainly better now that they have put it in a liqui-cap and I don't have to actually taste it, but it's not only the horrible horrible, vomit-inducing taste I object to. I object to how I feel RIGHT NOW. I know you're not dying to hear the list of my complaints, but it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to. sob, sniff

Nyquil is good for only one thing. Sleeping. When I take that stuff, I sleep like the dead. That, my friends is a good thing. The bad part is waking up. I am convinced that Nyquil contains at least 12 shots of Mad Dog or something equally vile. When I woke up this morning, the room was spinning, and I wasn't sure exactly where I was. After realizing that the piece of carpet someone had apparently stuffed in my mouth while sleeping was ACTUALLY my tongue, I managed to stagger out of bed and stay upright.

Nyquil makes me feel fuzzy and thick. That is the best way to describe it. I will spend today feeling stuffed up, chilly, sorry for myself, fuzzy and thick. YAY! That's how I want to spend a Friday, how about you?

No Nyquil for me tonight - I'd rather be tired!

No comments: