Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A good day!

Are you sick of reading my posts yet?  I told a good friend tonight (Hi Regina!) that I hadn't realized how much I had missed blogging!

Today has been a good day, for many reasons.

1.  My kids were RELATIVELY good today, and the activities and lessons I planned were good ones.  :)

2.  I do not have another IEP for two weeks.  After four in the past 10 days, I'm ready for a little break!

3.  I met with my mentor today whom I adore, and she gave me some positive feedback she heard about me from my Administration, which feels good!

4.  Chase has two (count em, TWO) friends who are spending the next four nights with us.  Their parents are out of town, and we are good friends with the whole family, so we trade kids often.  While I am extremely outnumbered in terms of testosterone, they are great kids, and we are anticipating a fun weekend with them.

5.  I got a belated birthday present today from my favorite daughter!  My sweet Megan and I share a love for many things, but the most recent passion we are sharing is for tea!   She ordered a travel tea steeper for me which was apparently back-ordered or brought over from France by carrier pigeon or something, but it took almost a month to arrive.  Crazy!  But, I love it!  It's very sleek and cool-looking, and I can't wait to try it out with some yummy loose tea in the morning.  Sometime, I will have to extol the virtues of loose tea...maybe tomorrow's blog!

6.  We are planning a trip to Hawaii for next summer, and I think we finally have figured it all out!  I'm excited - I was born in Hawaii, and went for a visit to "find my roots" when I was 16, but haven't been back since, and have never been to Maui!  Should be a fun trip.  :)

So, it was a good day.  I'm not going to lie; I wish tomorrow was Friday, but we can't have everything we want, now can we??  And at least, it's Thursday.

One last thought before Divine Hubby and I put the ten thousand children we have running around here to bed...I love my family!