Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

So, just when ya think you've got your life all figured out and things are swimming along smoothly, BAM! Life hits ya right between the eyes, right? Our little STQ family knows that all too well. We have moved, relocated, transferred and just flat out disappeared from a LOT of different zip codes these past five years. Each time, we thought we were all settled, and GAZINGA! here it came. SO, I refuse to use the "s" word here in Vegas (the "s" word in question here is "settled"...sadly, I do occasionally use the REAL "s" word, but I digress...). It's funny, we love our little house and our neighborhood is wonderful and full of nice kids, but it's been almost a year in this house, and hubby and I are starting to get that "let's put all of our crap in cardboard boxes, rent a U-Haul and shlep it somewhere" look in our eyes. Not really, but kinda.

We are pretty settled here in Vegas. Not quite settled enough that we are buying a house, but settled enough that we are looking at open houses on the weekends. Sometimes. Except when we decide we are absolutely NOT going to buy a house and that's final. But then, we find one that is nice, in the area and inexpensive...and the whole process starts over again.

There was a house this past week that looked perfect. REALLY close to school, in our price range, nice neighborhood, one-story, pool... :) but it would have required an offer, oh, say, within two hours of our having seen it.

Hmmmmmm.

Divine hubby and I (ok, more him than me, but there's no surprise there!!!) wisely decided that it's not a good idea to rush into spending a gazillion dollars for something if it's not perfect and we don't have the time to really think, ponder, mull and otherwise study it to death. So, we passed. And I'm glad, except when I'm not. Ya know?

Anyway, the question is...ARE we buying a house? Um, not today. Maybe tomorrow? But definitely not today. Unless I see an open house sign on the way to school in a bit... :)

2 comments:

Vegetable House said...

Ha. I love how the one that got away is always the best (because you never get to find out the downsides). I feel your pain.
Kale

Kristine said...

I love house shopping. I also hate house buying. It's just so ... permanent.