Saturday, May 9, 2009

The perils of blogging while drinking...

Divine hubby commented that last night's blog entry was a smidge "depressing." I read it again, and ya know, he's right! I thought it was funny last night, but I'd had a couple of glasses of wine, and I guess it was a bit of a downer...

So, let's keep up the theme and liven things up a bit!

I'm looking forward to moving to our new house because it looks like there are lots of kids in the neighborhood. That will be lots of fun for Chase and will go a long way towards solving the TV problem.

The neighborhood pool we will have access to has a big slide! We love a pool with a big slide.

Chase has a plan for his project and we can easily finish it this weekend.

I have a hubby who got up at the crack of dawn, but I got to sleep in! Aaaahhhh.

My friend Shelly told me about her hairdresser who is great and NOT too spendy! No Supercut for me!

My hair actually looked pretty good yesterday. It's still too long, but it showed me it can be done.

Our new house has a really cool koi pond in the backyard with soothing water sounds to sleep by.

We are really enjoying our "Financial Peace University" class at church and are well on our way to getting out of debt!

Dave Ramsey ROCKS!

We have tons of people coming to visit as well as plans to see friends this summer. It's going to be a fun summer!

Although our new house will not have a pool, we have something this summer that we didn't have last summer...multiple friends with a pool!

My potential thyroid problem will explain my exhaustion and my weight gain, and meds will fix them! So, personally, I'm lookin' forward to a little hypo-thyroid...

I have a wonderful hubby who makes a great living for us and supports me in my desire to be available for the kiddos.

Our daughter is pulling all A's & B's at college.

Our son is pulling all A's in 5th grade.

Gotta love kids who work hard in school.

I have a great life here in Sin City. A year ago, I couldn't imagine I'd have said that, but it's true.

So, no intervention necessary for me - I was trying to be funny last night, and I guess humor mixed with a little merlot makes for a little dark humor. All is well here in the STQ household. My family still drives me batty, but I wouldn't trade 'em for the world! And I hope they would say the same about me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I guess that talk-down from the ledge helped. And....I believe we'll keep ya.

Divine Hubby.

Shelly... said...

I didn't think your post last night was depressing at all--it was pretty funny actually!! I think you were harmlessly venting which we all need to do on occasion. The red wine just helps (helped me last night) :)
Can't wait to see you Tuesday--it has been to long!

S.I.L. said...

I didn't think your post was depressing at all either. I think that it was very real. Because life isn't always best viewed through an optimistic lens, even if we want it to be.

If he thinks THAT venting is dark, good thing he doesn't live with me. HA HA!! He would probably move. Immediately.

Okay, please please PUH LEEZ do not stoop to the level of Supercuts. I'm all for change but you know I'm also all for not skimping on hair. Shelly....SAVE HER!

Kristine said...

I also didn't find your last post depressing, just venting. Sometimes a person needs that.

Vegetable House said...

Sometimes, looking on the bleak side of things is funny!